Wednesday, May 23, 2012

End of School Cupcakes. Welcome Summer!

Great cupcakes for End of Year parties


I just dropped off these cupcakes for my son's class party and they were a huge hit!  I've been in New Orleans for 5 days on a girl's trip, so I needed something really low effort. ;) 

First, buy a box of your favorite cupcake mix and bake according to directions on back of box.

For the fondant face, I used yellow Wilton's Ready-to-use Fondant and Wilton's Food Writers.  (I really should buy stock in Wiltons.)   I rolled out the fondant and used the lid of the garlic salt to make the circles- It looked like a good size!
Wow!  Look at that professional set-up.
I made shortening frosting (I use Spectrum Organic Shortening) and dyed it a bright yellow.  With a Wilton's Star Tip to add the little stars, I finished my sunshine face! 

For the tags, I just printed Welcome Summer on cardstock and attached a Beach Ball sticker from the  Jolee's scrap book aisle at Michael's.  (I love/hate that store.)  Tape a toothpick on the back and you have an instant pick.  I've noticed the big baking companies; Wilton's, Martha Stewart, Duff's, have all started their own line of picks to cash in on the idea.  Really, it's way too easy to make.

All Done!  Drop them by the class and take the day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment