Monday, May 14, 2012

Oh, Crap! I have to make a dessert for preschool graduation...

 Graduation Cupcakes
So, I love last minute notices to bring in baked items!  For Wyatt's preschool, I had to make a dessert item for the end of year class get together.  When it comes to class parties I definitely like the most "bang for the buck".  For these cupcakes, I used Trader Joe's chocolate cupcake mix with a quick shortening frosting.  (I use Spectrum Organic shortening instead of the death in a can...Crisco.)  For the fondant diplomas and hats, I used pre-colored Wilton's fondant.  I hate that it's full of chemicals, but hey I'm not a baker.  I actually have to search the shelves at Michaels to find the boxes manufactured in the United Kingdom.  Those are nut free and I stock up on them when I find them. Anyway, for the diplomas, I just cut the fondant into strips and rolled them up like a scroll.  I used another bit of fondant to make a tie.  The hats were simple blue square with a white fondant tie.  Oila!  Graduation cupcakes that made me look like a rock star!

No comments:

Post a Comment